31- Sunday Fun Day

There is just something to be said about spending your Sunday afternoon practicing yoga with fellow yogi's, shopping for new yoga attire (on sale of course), grabbing a bite to eat at the corner bistro and then later in the day deciding to leisurely take your time in the grocery store deciding what scrumptious vegetarian meal to make for dinner?

I would have to say it was a blissful Sunday in San Diego. Any day can be blissful but don't you agree that Sunday's have that laid back attitude about them? I love it:)

I encountered a great new teacher today at a local studio. I didn't feel like practicing alone this afternoon . So I jumped on the World Wide Web and found myself a Vinyasa 2-3 level class within 20 minutes of my house. I checked out the teacher's bio and thought this class would be a great fit for what I was looking to practice this afternoon.

Before class she began by handing out a sheet of paper with the Prayer for Enlightenment mantra we would be saying at the start of class. The handout provided translations for those that weren't familiar with the mantra. It also provided me and maybe others with some clarity to those verses that I have been chanting for some time now but was unsure of there true meaning.

Aum

Sahana Vavatu
Sahanou Bhunaktu
Sahaviryam Karavava Hi
Tejasvina Vadhitamastu
Mavidh Vishava Hi

Aum

Translation

May both of us together be protected.
May both of us together be nourished.
May we work together with great energy.
May our study together be brilliant and effective.
May we not hate or dispute with each other.
Om.


The class was quite challenging but I left there feeling relaxed and ready to conquer the rest of my Sunday afternoon with clarity. Thank you Rebecca for being creative with your teaching approach it was much appreciated. I will continue to work on my jump throughs this week, per Rebecca's recommendation.

Jump throughs from downdog have been something I have been struggling with for a while now, but maybe after this week I will have it conquered? Only time will tell....

Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment