A scratchy throat snuck up on me this morning and got worse as the day progressed at work. On my way home I stopped at a local Aromatherapy store that I have been eyeing for a few weeks now. I figured today was the day to check it out and to help find something preventative to keep the evil bugs from invading the rest of my respiratory system. Hoping to somehow soothe and kill,kill, kill the bacteria that had made it's way into my body I purchased (per recommendation) some Echinacea Goldenseal. What is that and what does it do, you might ask? Well I was informed that .....
Echinacea may be taken for acute colds, flus, fevers, and infections. Of most importance is the dosage and frequency. It is most effective when taken every two hours until some symptoms are relieved. The dose is then reduced to three times daily for a week to ensure complete recovery and optimal immune function. A dose is two tablets or capsules (usually around 500-1000 mg of the ground herb), 40 drops of the extract, or 4 to 8 ounces of a strong tea made from the ground root. Often you will feel relief within hours.
Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) is also effective for infections. It soothes the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract during the congestion and inflammation of colds and flus. Its active component, berberine, has a broad spectrum of antibiotic and immune stimulating activity. Combined with Echinacea, it has a potent immune enhancing and congestion reducing action.
Fingers crossed that this method of prevention works alongside some Ayurvedic remedies???
Namaste and stay healthy

No comments:
Post a Comment