34- Practice,practice, practice

Last night I definitely had a fight with myself as to whether or not I was going to go to class versus a home practice? I definitely laid on the floor pondering for a good five minutes while my husband unpacked his car after coming home from work. The thought of getting on my mat was just AHHH!!!! Not NOW!!

Why is that? I love practicing yoga! Once I’m on my mat, I never want to leave. I think that as much as it’s good for me (and it’s very good for me), it’s such a mindful practice that I’m forced to address problems or issues that I’m not always in mood to deal with in that moment – that tight spot in my shoulder. Why is that there? My mind, why is it racing instead of being here now? My breath, where did it go?

But as many times as I’ve felt less-than-thrilled to hit the mat, the number of times I’ve left feeling disgruntled with my practice is few. Yes, sometimes it feels like a chore instead of a beautiful, moving meditation. But that’s ok. I made the effort, and part of being mindful is being aware of those feelings.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment