23-One more post about Savasana

Saturday morning was spent at a fellow teacher trainer's morning vinyasa class. Thanks to Mary Ann our day was started off on the right foot.

As practice winded down and I found myself once again in savasana I took the opportunity to truly be present with my body, mind and spirit.

Lying there I truthfully can say that I had no hatred in me at this point, I couldn't generate a hateful, or deceitful, or sly thought in this pose. It was not possible. I could almost feel the vibration of purity in my body that the asana practice had brought on. It raised my consciousness and intention to a higher, more spiritual plane. In that moment, I was able to feel how yoga is a spiritual science, not a physical work out. Bare awareness is all I felt and it was beautiful. The warmth of the sun's rays coming from the overhead skylight were beaming on me as I lay in savasana and I was so thankful for those rays after numerous days of rain here in San Diego:)

I find that when I achieve peace in Savasana, I try to remind myself that I can call upon this feeling, contact this place inside me, at any time during the day.
As does my dog Izzy.....Seen below. She is also appreciative of the sunny SD rays of sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment