29- Yoga @ work

Finding time to integrate yoga during, before or after work is sometimes a challenge, but I'm game! I have gone so far at work as to sneak in a tree pose in the elevator. I know soooooo crazy!! Maybe even an uttanasana if my hamstrings and low back are feeling a bit tight. Another is Tadasana, Mountain pose while taking a few deep inhales and exhales. It's really not that daring because I only do this when not one else is in the elevator:) Once in a while the elevator stops a floor to early and an onlooker finds me with hands at hearts center, sometimes coming out of a pose or still in it. I forgot to mention that one of the hospital's I work at is Catholic, so the hands at heart center could always be seen as talking to the man above?

Another added bonus about my employer is that they also offers a Wellness program. It even includes an on site exercise program at each hospital for the employee's ONLY. Sweet huh? Yoga is offered about 2-3 times a week. I have found time to make it to 1 or 2 and when I can't make it I substitute that 1/2 hour to 15 minutes with either a few asanas on the elevator or a breathing exercise outside. This particular Friday I decided to go up to the top floor of the hospital (12th), breath in some fresh air, take in a beautiful panoramic view of San Diego and stretch it out with some yoga poses. It is amazing how a few poses can change your physiological makeup in a matter of a few minutes. These poses always help on a Friday.

What do you do at work to de-stress, become present and bring joy to fellow collegues?

P.S. Please don't tell the "boss lady"!!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment