Day 12

This morning before going to work I fit in a few sun salutations of Surya Namaskara A and B followed by some hamstring and external hip stretches. A total of 15-20 minutes was spent on my mat allowing me to start my day off without a cup of coffee and feeling refreshed. As most of you know I have never been much of a morning person, but some things can change with time right? You never know what your capable of unless you give it a try.

I have found that many people always ask me the question how often do you practice? Everyone's practice is very individual and experiential. Now that I have fully committed myself to this 365 I have found myself fitting in yoga every day, but prior to Jan 1 I definitely had my up's and down's of keeping a consistent practice. I would allow errands, social events, work events, medical appt's, vacations etc to take me away from a disciplined yoga routine. Now I can honestly say that I am starting to find pleasure in my practice making it much easier for me to be dedicated to the commitment at hand. Whether it be 5 min or 2 hours finding a routine that you can stick with will allow you to see greater results. Whatever those results may be? All you really need to practice is a tiny space to fit your mat, yourself and making the time.

I also have found that when I practice yoga, everything else in my life seems to flow much smoother. Suddenly I have the time for friends, family, errands and more yoga! More patience overcomes me and steady composure allows me to perform my daily activities with resilience. Unfortunately we can't avoid all of the stresses that life throws at us. Our only real control is how we react to the waves of challenges that are thrust upon us.- David Swenson.

No comments:

Post a Comment