Tonight's class started off with my teacher wanting to concentrate on binding in certain poses. She voiced to us her honest opinion that she felt that most of us needed a little extra time working on binding in certain poses. Out came the straps and blocks. We knew she meant business.
Her poses in mind were Tittibhasana B (standing & walking), Tittibhasana D "firefly", Kurmasana "Tortoise" into Supta Kurmasana "Sleeping tortoise", Ardha Matsyendrasana "Half Lord of the Fishes Posture" in no exact order. All of them using binds only if your body would allow it. If not we had the help of straps and her assistance when needed to help guide us in the right direction. Allowing us as students to feel our bodies in motion with the guidance of an experienced teacher adjusting us into proper alignment when needed.
These are just a few of the key postures we worked on this evening but the opening affect that I FINALLY had in my low back and hammies was incredible. Hallelujah! Once again thank goodness for teachers that sometimes know what my body needs more than I do. Susan (my teacher) that I have been working with since day 1 about 4 years ago is always willing to put that confidence combined with abandon, stretching and awareness in my poses that I sometimes lack. Her experience and adjustment have gotten me to where I am today.
Believe me there is still plenty that needs to be worked on but just to see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that there is maybe a releasing of some kind on the nagging right side of my low back/hamstring area is a "god sent". Go figure this low back thing has been really peeving me for a while now, probably about a year to be exact. Today about 330pm I called my doc to schedule an MRI of my lumbar/thoracic spine for the 1st of Feb. I've been wanting to make this MRI appt for some time now for piece of mind. Also to make sure that there isn't more going on back there besides a good pulling on my psoas, sciatic nerve and the list goes on..... By 700pm this evening, half way through our class my back was feeling as if it was giving me some relief for the first time in a long time.
What the heck! Go figure??
Namaste
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment