Day ocho of 365

Happy Friday evening!

I have decided to spend my friday night watching the newly released DVD Julie and Julia (based on the life of Julia Childs). A week ago when I mentioned starting a blog to some of my girlfriends they asked me if I had seen Julie & Julia the movie? I hadn't and I had no idea what the connection between the two things would be, if any? Maybe having the same name and blogging?

After watching the movie I figured I should probably let my readers know how this whole blogging idea came about? Basically on a wim. A few days before the new year we found ourselves with a few financial resolutions but nothing too exciting. So to spice up the new year a bit we decided to both do a 365 blog about something we truly are passionate about and wanted to learn more about on a day to day basis. Why not Yoga and Photography? We both have already put plenty of time and energy into our areas of chosen study and it just seemed like this would be the next step. Putting it on paper for the whole world to enjoy and possibly come along for the ride was a no brainer.

I can honestly say that we are OCHO day's in and we are both doing pretty well. No break down's or hissy fit's so far ( Julie in the movie was quite emotional and tempermental throughout her 365 blog). I feel that yoga for me over the next 357 days will be a tool to assist me in becoming more insightful and aware of my mind body relationship. I hope to keep my personal yoga practice as my true guide and use books, movies, workshop's, music, etc as my butter to my bread (only analogy I could come up with at 1030 on a saturday night).

Oh yeah, the movie was a 3 3/4 out of 5 stars. Inspirational and who doesn't love Julia Childs?

No comments:

Post a Comment