Today was a very memorable and emotional day for myself and loved ones around me. I had to go say farewell to an elderly friend that is currently in the process of ending her life with the assistance of hospice services. This all came about very suddenly due to a surprising diagnosis of stage 5 lung cancer (Really not a big fan of this five letter word) within the past month. It has all happened so suddenly and out of the blue?
I remember her telling me about her diagnosis of Cancer with disapointment in her voice backed with a touch of fear. Since that day in the hospital her spirit and faith has been intact with the help of loving family and friends.
As I sat next to her today at her home and looked into her eyes. I could tell that she was fading away from us into another realm (whatever that may be?) and not looking back. She looked as if she was done fighting and was ready to be reunited with her hugband who had fought the same fight with Lung Cancer just over 5 years ago. Goodbye Mrs G and I wish you well on your journey:) You are loved dearly.
I came across this quote below as I searched for how yoga assist's with the death and dying process. We all are given a multitude of life's challenges throughout our time here. How we choose to grow, love and become more compassionate from them has been my true lesson so far.
The body is born; it grows, ages, and dies. The seer watches this process dispassionately. Pattabhi Jois says, "The body is just a rented house." Through the practice of hatha yoga, we keep the body clean and healthy so it lasts a long time, and at the same time we refine our awareness so we can realize that what dies is the outer covering. Essence endures - Tim Miller

No comments:
Post a Comment